Are You Tired Of Seeing Vegetables Relegated To Tasteless Soggy Mounds On The Side Of Your Plate?
Whether you're into healthy living and eating, or believe in the ethics of non-violent eating or if you're just after some fresh inspiration to create your own delicious tasting and healthy meals, this is a 'must have' in your selection of cookbooks.
The author, Kurma das has appeared in TV shows all over the world watched by millions of people. After 40 years of specializing in international vegetarian cooking, he is regarded as one of the world class Guru's of vegetarian cuisine. This cookbook is a testimony to that.
This is the cookbook that inspired me on my journey into the exotic world of culinary delight, and we're proud to be a supplier of Kurma's das's books. So be prepared to have both your imagination and digestion stimulated with a fusion of Italian, Indian, Thai, Chinese and Mexican cuisine.
Here's what you're going to find in this taste-bud-tantalizing cookbook:
- 17 different types of Rice Dishes, including: Indonesian Coconut Rice, Savory Cantonese Fried Rice and South Indian yogurt Rice.
- 19 varieties of Soups, including: Mexican Chilled Vegetable Soup, South Indian Hot-and Sour Soup, Thai Clear Soup with Tofu.
- 18 Bread based recipes featuring: Italian Fried Corn-Bread right through to Asparagus and Pine-nut Pizza.
- 27 tastefully herbed and spiced Vegetable Dishes from all over the planet, including North Indian Curried Cauliflower and Potatoes, Cantonese Stir-Fried Vegetables with Cashews in Black Bean Sauce.
- 20 varieties of crisp, colorful international Salad Dishes, including: Gujarati Green-Bean and Coconut Salad, Lebanese Bulgur Wheat Salad,
- 13 varieties of Chutneys, Jams and Pickles which will tease the palate and add color, flavor and variety to any meal, including Apple Chutney, Lime and Ginger Marmalade, Peanut and Coriander Chutney.
- 20 types of Savory recipes for any occasion, breakfast, brunch, picnic, snack or banquet. Includes the following: Eggplant Parmigiana, Spinach Filo Triangles, Ricotta Cheese filles Pastries.
- 11 types of Pasta, Noodle, and Grain Dishes from Greece, Italy, Morocco, India and Malaysia including: Lasagna, Japanese rice balls, Malaysian Hot Noodles.
- 12 Hearty Bean and Legume Dishes including: Mexican style Beans and Salad on fried Tortilla, Veggie-nut burgers, Israeli Chickpea Croquettes.
- 24 meal enhancing Dips, Sauces and Dressings, displaying a delicious variety of color, texture and flavor, including: Mexican Avocado Dip (Guacamole), Eggeless Mayonnaise, Syrian Yogurt Cheese, Greek Cucumber and Yogurt Dip (Tzatziki), Satay Sauce.
- (My favorite Part!) 27 Meal completing Sweets and Desserts including: Creamy, Saffron Condensed Yogurt Dessert (Shrikand), Turkish Nut Pastries in Syrup (Baklava), Italian-style Lemon Donuts, Orange Cheesecake, Vietnamese Sweet Mung Bean Cakes, Walnut and Raisin Halava, Mango Ice cream.
- 18 mouth watering, thirst-quenching Drinks, including; Middle Eastern Lemonade, Banana Milk-Smoothie, Lemon Mint and Whey Nectar, Watermelon Sherbet.
You'll also find some added bonuses in the back of the book:
Firstly a very handy Glossary that describes a variety of spices and herbs and ingredients. After all the secret to all good vegetarian food is knowing the art of how to flavor and spice foods to maximize the taste experience!
Secondly 21 suggested menu's that combines the recipes in this book meaning that you can create your own inspired international flavored banquet!