Educational & instructional video on the many health benefits of juicing watermelon, including the rind, as part of your detox program…as well as an integral part of an ongoing raw food nutritional regimen
Beet Juice Recipe:
half a med beet root
3 celery stalks
quarter habanero pepper
1 green apple
big handful of cilantro (with stems)
squeeze of lime juice
Juice the above ingredients.
Add your beet at the beginning to avoid beet juice dripping at the end, as it will tend to dye your counter top.
Pour into your favorite glass.
We use a little habanero to spice this juice up a bit (as in our green juice blast recipe). Hot spices are good for opening up the system and delivering the nutrients. As an alternative you can use ginger instead.
This video was made by: http://www.youtube.com/cbd600 and re-uploaded onto my channel because I wanted to help spread more awareness on the health benefits of raw cannabis (that is non-smoked & non-heated.) RAW cannabis is non-psychoactive, meaning it will not get you high.
Raw cannabis= Immune modulating, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-tumor/ anti-cancer, pain-relieving, anti-diabetic, antispasmodic, anti-anxiety and so much more!
****ABOUT THIS VIDEO****
Leaf introduces Dr. William Courtney and Kristen Peskuski of Cannabis International; along with the people involved in researching, promoting, regulating and benefiting from raw cannabis.
Dr. Courtney is a physician and researcher from Mendocino, California, who gives medical marijuana approvals to qualified patients in Mendocino and Humboldt Counties. Kristen Peskuski is a researcher and patient who put her systemic lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, interstitial cystitis, and numerous other conditions into remission juicing fresh cannabis.
They help make sense of the science behind patient’s recoveries from a diverse range of medical conditions. Attorneys, physicians, law enforcement, medical care providers, patients and their families discuss their experiences with medical cannabis. They specifically focus on juicing fresh cannabis, which is non-psychoactive and contains medical properties 200-400 times stronger than traditional, heated cannabis.
Patients have reported success with osteo and rheumatoid arthritis, autoimmune disorders, cancer and many other conditions using this unique therapy.
Please check out http://www.cannabisinternational.org for more information.
Please support Dr. William Courtney at http://www.CourtneyforCongress.org so that no one has to be afraid to use the medicine they need.
**MORE VIDEOS ON THE TOPIC OF CANNABIS & ITS HEALING PROPERTIES**
RUN FROM THE CURE (A MUST SEE VIDEO about curing cancer with “hemp oil”…and just to clarify, that’s hemp oil, NOT hemp seed oil) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI
Cured: A Cannabis Story-
One of the best marijuana docs- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd6oJjx8ze0
The Power of Raw Cannabis- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgEP9FdIzT8&feature=related
Thank-you for taking the time to read this! 🙂
Lots of love!!!
The film is about far more than juicing, it is about optimizing health and reversing and
preventing diseases. It features interviews with world renowned doctors:
Neal Barnard M.D., founder of Physicians for Responsible Medicine,
Joel Fuhrman, M.D.,
Caldwell B. Esselstyn Jr. M.D.,
Dr. Gerard Bodeker, professor of Public Health Policy, Columbia University,
John A. McDougall,M.D., and T. Colin Cambell, PH.D.,
Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus.
Gary Null takes the viewer around New York City from uptown in Harlem to the downtown Union Square farmers market, talking to people he meets along the way, about their approaches to health. The American life style of eating over processed and denatured foods is examined, as Gary takes the viewer into natural food markets and explains the vital properties of fruits, nuts and vegetables, which have the healing properties to reverse disease. You’ll go with Gary to a juice store where he shows you what to juice, how to juice, to how to increase energy and enhance your immune system. In this personal guide to better health, more energy, a slimmer body, more youthful skin, you’ll learn the regenerative power of natural home juicing.
• Listen to those who have reversed their diet and diseases
• Learn how to shop for the healthiest healing foods
• Learn the foods that can reverse aging and reverse disease
• Advice on how to use fresh juice to cleanse and detoxify
• In-depth information on how the recipes that can effectively treat and often reverse
conditions, like arthritis, diabetes, allergies
• Practical guidance on juicing, how to start, how often to drink, and when to drink
• Ideas on how to prepare delicious fresh juices, that will give you energy and keep you
healthy, as you rebuild you vital self
Top 10 Benefits of Juicing
10. Healing Properties. “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” Hippocrates. Juicing allows you to create specific prescriptions for your unique needs from heart disease cancer and stroke to increased energy, strengthened immunity, strong bones or a glowing complexion. Combining whole foods allows your body to absorb the vitamins and minerals to help you heal.
9. Volume! Juicing allows you to take in a large quantity of fruits and vegetables that you may not be able to eat in their raw form allowing your body to absorb more of the vitamins and enzymes Drinking juicing offers the benefit of highly concentrated vitamins, minerals and enzymes to rapidly enter your bloodstream while receiving all the nutritional benefits of the fruits and vegetables giving your digestive system a much needed rest
8. Antioxidants – The ingredients of juicing: fruits, vegetables and herbs are loaded with antioxidants which fight free radicals that cause cellular damage, aging and susceptibility to cancers.
7. Cleansing and Detoxification – Juicing is known to rid your body of toxins by cleansing your digestive tract and colon, allowing your metabolism to become more efficient.
6. Chlorophyll – Chlorophyll is found only in plants and it has a unique structure which augments your body’s ability to produce hemoglobin which in turn strengthens the delivery of oxygen to your cells. (giving you more energy!)
5. Maintains Micronutrients. When you cook or process food, the micronutrients in food are altered making them harder for your body to absorb. The raw fruits and vegetables contain micronutrients that are maintained when juicing especially when you use a slow masticating juicer.
4. Hydration – Our body is made up of anywhere from 50-80% water depending on our age. Our cells require hydration for proper functioning. Raw juice supply the water you need to replenish lost fluid in addition to giving you vitamins, minerals ,enzymes, and phytochemicals.
3. Alkalinity – juicing promotes an alkaline environment for your body. If your body is acidic it is said that you will experience more disease, stress, and pain. An alkaline environment on the other hand promotes better energy, improved immune function, reduced pain and inflammation and is said to slow the signs of aging.
2. Better Nutrient Absorption – Many adults today have weakened digestive systems or digestive disorders such as reflux, ulcers, gallstones, lactose intolerance, diverticulitis, inflammatory bowel disease (IBS), celiac, constipation, crohns, or colitis, and as a result nutrients can pass out of your body instead of being absorbed. When you juice, your nutrients are “predigested.” Your juicer does the digestion for you breaking down the cell walls of fresh raw vegetables and fruit so that your body can soak up the nutrients like a sponge.
1. Easy assimilation – Because juicing removes the fiber, juicing skips the lengthy hour-long digestive process and goes right to feeding your cells within about 15 minutes. This gives your body a rest from the labour intensive process of digestive giving your more energy for your physical activity, detoxification, cleansing, or recovering from an illness. Ultimately this allows you to absorb the enzymes, phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals more easily.
Juicing is a great way to increase the intake of nutrients and enhance your health. In this video, Joe Cross from Reboot Your Life talks about the health benefits you can enjoy from regular juicing.
Why choose a Cold Press Juicer over the others?
Did you know that many people who are in the market for a juicer end up with a cheap high speed centrifugal juicer (also known as a masticating juicer), not knowing that this type of juicer is unable to provide the ultimate health and wellness and juice purity that a slow cold press juicing system offers?
Old style, high speed centrifugal juicers utilize a grinding and shredding motion along with high speed rotation to extract the juice from fruits and vegetables. The high speed rotation of stainless steel actually creates heat friction, causing premature oxidization of fruits. Not only does high speed rotation matched with grinding and shredding destroy some of the goodness and nutrition in the fruits/vegetables via oxidization, it also causes a frothy pulpy juice separation layer, instead of a texturally consistent smooth juice.
The Semak cold press juicer utilizes a new patented BPA free double edged juicing screw which gently extracts fruit and vegetable pulp with a squeezing and pressing motion. This pulp is then masterfully strained through an ultem screen, which reduces the chance of the fibers prematurely oxidizing. The result is a high yield, texturally rich, pulp free juice with an abundance of phyto-nutrients, enzymes and vitamins. That means that you’re getting a healthier, 100% natural, superior quality juice every time! AND YOU WILL TASTE THE DIFFERENCE!